Van Toi Vo
Professor Van Toi Vo, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, USA
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, School of Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, USA
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine, School of Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Adjunct Research Professor, Department of Micro-Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
Field of Interest: Biomedical Instrumentation Design and Applications
Professor Vo Van Toi
Biomedical Engineering Department
4 Colby Street
Medford, Massachusetts 02155, U.S.A.
Professor Vo Van Toi is a co-organizer of the "Second International Conference on the Development of Biomedical Engineering in Vietnam" in Ha Noi from July 25 to July 28, 2007
Professor Vo Van Toi was elected as the Executive Director of the Vietnam Education Foundation
Now: Chair of Biomedical Engineering Dept.;
International University â€“ Vietnam National University in Ho Chi Minh City
Â· Human Visual System and Ophthamology
Â· Medical Instrument Design
Â· Joint Biomedical Engineering Projects
Â· Other Biomedical Engineering Projects
Â· Solar Energy Applications
LIST OF PATENTS AND PUBLICATIONS OF PROFESSOR VO VAN TOI
- APPARATUS AND METHOD FOR DETERMINING CHARACTERISTICS OF A HUMAN RETINA USING ENTOPTICALLY OBSERVED LEUKOCYTES AND OTHER PSYCHOPHYSICAL PHENOMENA (VoVan Toi and J. Sun), US Patent No. 5,640,220, June 17, 1997.
- EYE MEDICATION DELIVERY SYSTEM (Vo Van Toi), US Patent No. 5,171,306, December 15, 1992.
- STIMULATEUR VISUEL (Visual Stimulator) (Vo Van Toi), Swiss Patent No. 596-821, October 31, 1977.
1. MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING OF TISSUE AND VASCULAR LAYERS IN THE CAT RETINA (Qiang Shen, Haiying Cheng, Machelle Pardue, Thomas F. ChÃ ng, Govind Nair, VÃµ VÄƒn Tá»›i, Ross D Shonat, and Timothy Q. ÄÆ°á»ng,) in Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 23, p. 465-472.
- BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING IN VIETNAM TODAY(Vo Van Toi, Dudley Childress, Robert Jaeger, David Kaplan, Murray H. Loew, Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic and John G. Webster) in Engineering, Medicine and Biology Magazine, volume 24, Issue 3, May/June 2005 pages 7-11, 17
- STUDYING BRAIN FUNCTION WITH NEAR-INFRARED SPECTROSCOPY CONCURRENTLY WITH ELECTROENCEPHALOGAPHY(Y. Tong, E. J. Rooney, P. R. Bergethon, J. M. Martin, A. Sassaroli, B. L. Ehrenberg, Vo Van Toi, P. Aggarwal, N. Ambady, and S. Fantini), in Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging, vol. 6, No. 8 ISSN 1605-7422, p. 444-449
- HEMODYNAMIC VARIATIONS MEASURED WITH NEAR-INFRARED SPECTROSCOPY IN HUMAN FOREARM MUSCLES IN RESPONSE TO VENOUS OCCLUSION: AN ELECTRICAL MODEL(Vo Van Toi, Matthew L. Hoimes, Shalini Nadgir, and Sergio Fantini), in Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging, vol. 6, No. 8 ISSN 1605-7422, p. 495-502
- DEVELOPMENT OF A COMPUTER-CONTROLLED PHANTOM TO SIMULATE TUMOR MOTIONS APPLIED TO IMAGE GUIDED ADAPTIVE RADIOTHERAPY(G Sharp, M Fernald, D Lo, Vo Van Toi, H Tseng, T Neicu, S Weinberg, and SB Jiang) American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) Annual Meeting, August 2004