Van Thang Nguyen
Name: Van Thang Nguyen
Date of Birth: September 01st 1962
- Doctor of Philosophy in Meteorology, Moscow National University, Moscow, Russia, 1989.
- Eng., Moscow National University, Moscow, Russia, 1986.
- Associate Professor of Vietnam, 2011.
LANGUAGES/DEGREE OF PROFICIENCY
- Vietnamese: mother tongue
- English: good
- French: fair
- Russian: excellent
MEMBER OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
- Member of Viet Nam Mechanics Association
- Viet Nam Focal Point for Regional Climate Prediction on ASMC
- Member of RA II Working Group on Climate Related Matters (XII-RA II, 2000 â€“ 2005 and XIII-RA II, 2005 â€“ 2010).
- CLIPS National Focal Point, November 2006.
- Viet Nam Representative at the Commission for Climatology (CCL) of WMO, Feb. 2008 and Nov. 2010.
- Member, Viet Nam Panel on Climate Change, 2014.
- Editor-in-chief, Journal of Climate Change Science, Jan. 2017.
COUNTRIES OF WORK: Viet Nam
Director General, Vietnam Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Climate change, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Ha Noi, Viet Nam..
Description of duties:
Responsible for research studies on meteorology and climatology; Training and International cooperation.
Nguyen Van Thang has almost 30 yearsâ€™ experience in meteorology, climatology and disaster management, institutional capacity building, policy analysis, planning, management, monitoring, evaluation and development of climate change response and drought projects in Vietnam.