Dang Xuan Tran
Name: Dang Xuan Tran
Birth: June 13th 1973
Office address: Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Cooperation and Development (IDEC), Division of Development Technology, 1-5-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, 739-8529, Japan
Tel/Fax: +81-82-424-6927; +81-90-6864-4748
- March 2004 – Ph.D: Kagoshima University, Japan
- March 2001- Msc: Miyazaki University, Japan
- May 1995- BSc: Thai Nguyen Agro-Forestry, Vietnam
- April 2012-Present, Associate Professor, Hiroshima University, IDEC, Division of Development Technology
- Head of Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry (http://home.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~tdxuan/)
- March 2006-March 2012: Assistant Professor, University of the Ryukyus, Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Japan.
- October 2006-February 2006: Postdoctor, Japan Society for the Promotion of Sciences, Japan.
- May-September 2006: Visiting Researcher, University of the Ryukyus, Faculty of Agriculture, Japan.
- September 1996-March 1998: Staff, Thai Nguyen Agro-Forestry, Vietnam.
Plant physiology, sustainable agricultural production, organic chemistry, weed science, biological management of pests and weeds, biomass energy, isolation and identification of natural products and biological activities, plant breeding.
Project coordinator, Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE).
Participated in more than 30 projects, including weed control, pest management, prevention and utilization of invasive plants, chemistry of tropical plants, food chemistry, biotechnology, biomass energy technology, biochemistry, pesticide development, rural development…
A frequent reviewer of many International Scientific Journals, such as Weed Research, Journal of Phytopathology, Allelopathy Journal, Weed Biology and Management, Crop Protection, Environmental and Experimental Botany, Journal of Chemical Ecology, Journal of Chemical Ecology, Molecules, Antioxidants, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Journal of Plant Research, Energy…